Julius Oversize Drape Collar Coat

November 3, 2009 |


Here's an interesting coat from Julius, the Japanese brand which never fails to impress me. As always, I take notice on the unusual styling and this coat has an oversize drape collar, something that you don't see on any ordinary outfit or some winter essentials. The huge extended collar panel can eventually turn into a hood, a cowl or even a heavily-layered lapel. The coat also has a high-waist belt that "can be cinched up front to alter the shape of the coat's billowy folds, hung loose and untied to allow the garment to hang full length, or tied back, creating a heavy and sinister reinterpretation of the early 20th century dinner jacket with tails". Very versatile, obviously, this one piece coat can be a trickery to anyone which might cause them to think it's compose of two outfits.

1 comments:

Eric said...

I think interesting is the best word for it. This is a very unique collar. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Think I'll stick to more traditional coats though, at least for now.

Post a Comment